Tuesday, January 10, 2012

L is for LOVE

So many things in my life to love.  So many things in my life that prove that Jesus loves me. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Laura is lovely.  She is so excited to turn 3.  She loves her school still.  She loves all the things she got for Christmas.  She loves praying and talking to Jesus.  She's just awesome.  She decided several months ago that her birthday party will be at Chuckee Cheese.  She has also decided that she will have cupcakes.  She hasn't decided a theme though, so her and mommy are going to take a trip to the party store & walk through the aisles until she picks something SHE wants.  (Her daddy is trying to encourage DBacks. Her auntie is trying to encourage Yo Gabba Gabba.  I'm trying to encourage her to choose her own & not be persuaded by others - I'm a fan of having your own opinion).  We shall see what she chooses & I'll letchya know.  I would like to know the secret to getting her to go back to sleeping through the night.... She has slept through the night, in her bed, like a perfect little angel since she was 8 weeks old.  Within the last couple months she has started waking up at 3am, screaming like crazy & banging on her door, even though she knows how to open her bedroom door by herself.  When I go in to see what's wrong, she just says "I want you" and then because I'm so exhausted she usually ends up in my room on the floor.  If she just wanted to sleep in my room, she is perfectly capable of walking out of her room & into mine without the screaming & scaring the crap out of me.  So, I tend to believe that she must be having dreams she doesn't understand or nightmares or night terrors or something.  But, how do we figure out what?  How do we make her stop so she can get a good night's rest?

Michael is not really liking his unemployment, but enjoying the rest.  Just to be sure he's not bored and of course to help us out a little, he's delivering fliers & doing "odd-jobs" for my work.  We are praying for God to use a brightly-lit sign to tell him which path to take :)  Every time we think we have a clue of the direction we're headed in, another kink is thrown in.  It's ok though, it keeps us on our toes to have to keep changing our plans.  This is definitely one of the times that God shows us that OUR plans aren't HIS plans and only HIS plans will play out accordingly.  Even though we know that his getting fired was one of those "blessings in disguise", we are both still a little bitter.  How does 20 years of hard work end as fast as birthday candles go out when you blow????  Please help us pray to be better people and to not be bitter or frustrated when things aren't going our way.

At work, we have moved into our new building, which means that I am in an office of my very own!!!!  I have LOVED it.  Yesterday, I even shut my door for most of the day while I did Phone Interviews to hire soccer & cheer coaches, and it was sssoooo peaceful to be able to get some work done without distractions every 2 seconds.  So awesome!  Now, I need to figure out how to decorate it, so that it is professional, but shows my very own touch, including how important my family is to me.  Another one of those times that being a "real girl" would be helpful - HAHAHA :)  I am still praying for my female problems to go away.  They have definitely improved, but are still lingering. 

This year, my wonderful husband will turn 40!  Right after that, I'll turn 30!  I'm so excited for both - we aren't getting old, we're getting more awesome :)  HAHAHA :)

I am just so thankful that I have a God that loves me, a family that loves me, friends that love me, a job, the ability to work, a smile on my face and  more stuff than anyone would like to have to move. HAHAHA

I hope that everyone has a great week and as always, thanks for reading my blahblahblog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment